How to Keep Up With the Trends in Web Development
Web design and development is a very dynamic field where trends and technologies are fast changing. The implications of the dynamism are that web developers and business have to stay abreast of the many changes to avoid appearing outdated and losing credibility and competitiveness.
Small businesses are the most affected by the ever changing trends in web development. Outdated layouts, styles and features bring down competitive factors. They often struggle to ensure that they maintain a competitive edge in the market when compared to the large organizations which are able to afford the best web developers and the most recent developments.
The rapidly changing tone in web development has seen exciting trends come up. The most notable are trends in web development are:
- Responsive design and multi-device design which has seen websites become fluid and that content is made available across different devices including mobile phones.
- Lean, faster, efficient, and performance focused websites have become preferred.
- The development of web development standards has worked well to reduce fragmentation and a disconnect existence as trends come and go very quickly.
- HTML and CSS solutions as a replacement to flash has seen the advancement of HTML and CSS which improve pixel quality and scalability especially for image heavy websites, retina display and in the creation of rich immersive content especially in the arts and entertainment industry.
- Mobile web development and app development has become a whole different area in web development due to the rising usability and functionality.
- The Twitter bootstrap has now become a web creation framework. It has brought about speeding up of the creation of web applications and websites with responsive layouts, interactive JS plug-ins and easy customization.
- Web development has become user and behavior driven owing to existence scrambling for solutions and market by the big industry players. Social media
- Google algorithm changes also dictate the direction taken on web development with regards to content marketing. Tactics are now based on valuable, helpful and share-worthy content being the driver of website ranking in Google.
Web developers in keeping abreast of these changes in web development trends should always be ready to learn and train in different areas. Web developers are now becoming versed in multiple disciplines to remain relevant and well placed to tackle tasks. Web developers are becoming all rounded and versatile in different skills owing to companies downsizing and cutting on the workforce engaged fulltime. Additionally technology has made it easier for developers to favor freelance careers.
For web developers as well as business not to fall behind the latest trends, a proactive streak is required. Continuing education through online web development tutorials and courses, reading through web design and development blogs, following experts and industry leaders on social forums, becoming a member in professional outfits and forums, attending conferences, seminars and networking events, and finally checking out authority websites for the latest trends and for inspiration. Gaining all these new skills and tactics will make sure that a web developer has a more complete skill set. This hybrid and all round web developer is able to stand out in terms of websites created. It is said that changed is inevitable; it cannot be far from the truth in web development trends.